- Started a new outreach ministry called "Hands & Feet" that helps meet physical and spiritual needs of families in our local community.
- Partnered with the local high school Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) for various events. David has also been working with Coaches Outreach for the high school sport coaches as well.
- Hosting monthly events designed to reach the middle school and high school age youth of our church and local community.
- Abbey started a weekly time of fellowship for ladies of all ages and this fellowship time is open to church members and those in our local community.
- In July, we hosted a missions team from Decatur, AL that helped us in so many ways in our community evangelism and outreach and they did many projects at our church as well.
On February 7 (which also happens to be David's birthday) he will be ordained in an official ordination service at First Baptist Church of Los Fresnos at 11:00AM. We covet your prayers for him and our family over this very important step in our mission work and ministry.
On January 17-20, we will be attending the Texas Baptist Children's Ministry Retreat in Granbury, TX (about an 8 hour drive away). This is a conference for those who work in Children's Ministry and we are looking forward to learning how to be more effective in reaching children with the gospel, getting new ideas for ministry, and seeing the latest children's ministry materials too. Our pastor and his wife graciously volunteered to keep our kids so we can attend this conference and we greatly appreciate their help with the kids so we can attend this conference.
January 22-31we will all 5 be going on a mission trip to Roatan, Honduras. This
will be the kids first international trip. We will be working specifically in the area of Oak Ridge, Roatan with a church there that currently has no pastor. They are also in great need of training of the nationals there, discipleship, and they are asking for a missionary family to come live in Oak Ridge to pastor the church and do mission work in the area and on the island. Each morning during our trip, will be doing a mini-VBS and then working with the youth in the afternoons. The evenings will be spent in the community with the people getting to know more about the daily life and specific needs of this area. We ask you to pray specifically for our family as we travel and serve there and more specifically, that the Lord will show us His will for our family and our future.
On February 10, Gretta will have surgery in San Antonio. She has a basal cell skin cancer on the side of her nose that continues to come back and MOHS surgery is now the only option to get it completely removed. We will be in San Antonio February 9 & 10 for her surgery. We are thankful to have caught it in the early stages but we still do not know how extensive the actual procedure will be. Please pray that it will not be a very complex procedure, that it will heal well with minimal scaring (she is not a candidate for plastic surgery like some patients have to repair the area), and that her recovery will go smoothly and quickly so she can continue to be active in our home & ministry.
To learn how you can partner with us in our mission work or how you can bless our family, click the "Partner With Us" tab at the top of this page. Thank you and God bless you!